Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

dian khayla - 8 months progress report

I started sending Khayla to a nursery early this month. Two weeks have passed, and Alhamdulillah the teachers' aren't complaining and Khayla seems chirpy every time I pick her up. :))
Sometimes she looks like she doesn't wanna go home ! -_____-

Khayla had her first fever 10 days ago. She woke up all cranky at 0300 hours on a Thursday (10/5/2012) and her head was warm to touch. At first I wasn't sure because she has never had a fever before so I kept touching and touching her body all over. I panicked when I realized she might really have a temperature so I woke Mr. Sunshine up and we took her to the clinic that morning. She had been coughing already, a week prior to that. Her appetite was normal, but she was crankier than usual.

:'(
It was only that evening that I realized that Khayla was teething again. Four upper teeth are sprouting and her gums were pretty swollen. Oh poor baby ! I figured that her fever was due to that(?). I was reluctant to start her on antibiotics but when her cough and phlegm didn't show any signs of improving after more than a week, I just had to.  It's sad to see her wake up in the middle of the night because of the cough. She's much much better now, Alhamdulillah.

Now moving on to Khayla's milestones..
She claps when we sing "If you're happy and you know it" or "Tepuk amai-amai". She has learned to wave already. So cute !

She can stand without support for longer periods now, and cruises along all furnitures in the house. She has successfully crawled up the stairs ! She bounces up and down when she hears a song she likes or when she's excited and enjoys it even more if we mimic her. Hehe.

Wheeee !


She gets mad when we take things away from her or disallow her from going somewhere/taking something. Her favourite toys are non-toys such as remote controls, tupperwares, handphones, Daddy's 'back-scratcher' (haha), my water bottle, CDs, hangers, and the list goes on. Looks like I don't have to bother buying real toys for my baby, hehe. She would just throw away things if they don't appeal to her.
Khayla's playtime with her hangers.

Her favourite pastime these days is standing while holding on to a rack/cupboard and throwing everything she sees on it on the floor !
Look how happy she is after 'terrorizing' the rack behind her !




xoxo




4 comments:

Arya Stark said...

we want more of dian khayla please!!!!! hehehe it's been so long mel! we all missed u! and yes, like khayla, zabi aydan is also hating all the toys his daddy bought for him. when we try to give them to him, he'd simply throw 'em away... but benda2 non toys jugak yang dia mau... hehe... im thinking of not buying toys for him until he's at least 1 year old hahaha

Felicia said...

Gorgeous!! Now that she's experimenting with the stairs are you guys planning to barricade that with a baby gate or sth?

Melissa said...

Dina: Hehe, if I had it my way (and if I had the time !), there would a post about Khayla every single day. Haha. Kannnn ? Hahaha, I think that's a pretty good idea. Let's stick to non-toys as toys for now. :p

Feli: Yes yes, I know we should lah kan ?

Felicia said...

Safety first.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers